Monday, February 15, 2010

Dear Toast,

I'm waiting around for it to pop. So I'm running around in the morning, trying to get everything just right. Trying to remember everything I need to do. Trying not to focus on the toast. When it finally pop ups, it startles me. I have to stop whatever I'm doing. I can't do anything until I get the toast out. It's nagging at me constantly. Go get the toast out. I can't ignore it all the time. It's impossible. Throughout the day, I can't get toast out of my head. Even though there's a million other things to eat, all I want is toast. It's stupid really. Toast is not that healthy for you. In fact it has very little nutritional value at all. If I eat toast every day for every meal, it gives me the shakes. Not good for the blood sugar. It's too distracting. So I go off the toast. As much as I can. But every morning, toast is still there. Taunting me. Tempting me. I could tell myself to quit eating breakfast...but breakfast is my favorite part of the morning! It's the most important meal. So where does that leave me and the toast?

No comments:

Post a Comment