Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dear Comfy Shoes,

So it took me awhile to realize how much I really liked you. I always liked you, but it didn't hit me how much until it was practically too late. I got distracted with someone else, but clearly you were better. Sometimes I thought I caught your attention, but I pushed it out of my head because I knew there were other complications. Then it got more complicated and I realized there wasn't a chance. But I am a girl, and we always dwell on the impossible and analyze all those stupid things you never thought any one would pay attention to. I'm trying to stifle any thought of you these days, just because it gets unbearable sometimes. But now I'm stuck wondering what could have happened and wishing I was brave enough. You're like that pair of shoes that goes with everything. It fits just right. One of a kind. But maybe it's too late. Maybe I left the shoes in the back of my closet too long. Or maybe you never fit and all. Maybe I just wanted you to.

1 comment: